Welcome!

Hi everyone! I'm delighted to welcome you to my blog! I have not been active in a long time but recently I have made a promise to upload more stories and poetry this year (fingers crossed!).
Meanwhile enjoy the few poetry and stories I have put up and I hope this visit will inspire you to come again!

- Adebusola


Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Bewildered Mind


My body tells me which direction to go and I go.

Like a zombie I walk through the streets in the dead of the night, in the wake of the morning.

I'm torn in my mind.

Reason makes no meaning.

“How did I get here?” I ask myself. No answer.

My senses are numb, my body unfeeling.

I can’t remember where I'm coming from or where I'm going.

Life is unknown to me… uncharted waters.

Like a new born baby, I have no knowledge of what the future holds.

My past lay before me like pieces of a tattered rag

“How did I get here?” I ask around again. No answer.

With the madding crowd I move. Like a naked child on a cold winter night I shiver.

I'm living in an illusion. A world unreal.

All around me is darkness; pitch black.

Time and space elude my mind.

The shards of glass from my broken heart prod me and pierce me deeper.

I feel them telling me to move, change, evolve… but I can not

There’s an ache in my heart that won’t go away.

The pain overwhelms me.

This hollow I feel inside must be filled,

Mended, made whole.

It’s the only way…

No comments: